Postdoctoral Researcher in Autism and Aging
Are you looking for a short postdoc in a great team?
What are you going to do
This is a one-year part-time postdoctoral position in autism and aging which is part of a NWO-MagW VICI funded project on (cognitive) aging and heterogeneity in the autistic. The post-doc will be part of the d’arc lab led by Prof Dr Hilde Geurts. The majority of this lab’s projects focus on behavioral data (questionnaires, interviews, standardized cognitive tasks, and experimental cognitive tasks). The lab works in consultation with autistic adults and other stakeholders. Read more details, about the mission and the vision.
You will be:
- focusing on two projects:
- A-the cross-sectional and longitudinal data on autistic traits and/or (mental) health and
- B-testing the psychometrics properties of a new autism questionnaire designed by autistic adults themselves;
- supervision for project
- A-the ADHD collection and for project;
- B- data-collection and the research assistants/Master students';
- preregistering the statistical analysis plans, data-analysis, and writing papers for in collaboration with the team;
Please note that research protocol is described in Geurts et al. (2021) in BCM Open.
What do we require
- specialized in statistical approaches for both cross-sectional as well as longitudinal data;
- knowledge about mental health questionnaires and interviews and preferably also knowledge in the field of autism and/or ADHD;
- a PhD in neuro-, clinical, or developmental psychology (or a similar PhD in related fields), preferably in the field of autism and/or mental health research;
- willingness to consult (Dutch) autistic adults during the project is a must;
- experience with open science/open data is preferable;
- expertise in handling large datasets in clinical populations is needed;
- a proven track-record in publishing in international peer-reviewed journals;
- passive knowledge of Dutch is preferable, active knowledge is not crucial.
Conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract: 12 months.
We offer a part-time contract for maximum of 12 months. Preferred starting date is half of September 2021. The gross monthly salary based on full-time employment (38 hours per week) ranges from €3,746 up to a maximum of €4,139. This is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus. The starting salary will be based on qualifications, expertise and relevant experience. The profile postdoc is applicable in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities.
The UvA offers excellent possibilities for further professional development and education.